“Dynamic and passionate, we are there for you when you need help most.”
Preparing For Separate Lives
Even amicable divorces can be painful. Separating your lives is a difficult and complicated process, but necessary in order to move forward constructively. Coming to an understanding together and settling any disputes between you without going to court are usually far more pleasant, quick, cost-efficient and effective in the long term than going to court.
At Ganapathi Law Group, we can help you work together to settle your differences, through negotiation, mediation, or arbitration. We will defend your interests and rights and help you create solutions that work for you and your family.
If working together with your spouse or common law is not possible, we are willing and able to skillfully defend your position in court.
Finalizing Your Divorce
Our lawyers can help you with:
- Uncomplicated Divorce: If you have no disputes, we can help you process your divorce quickly and efficiently, putting together the documentation you need so that there are no delays in the process.
- Contentious Issues: Disputes involving children, property, and spousal and child support can be particularly difficult to work through, but they must be resolved before you can move forward.
Whether you were married outside of British Columbia, wish to divorce even though you no longer reside in the province, are moving outside of the province, or hold property outside the province or country, every aspect of your divorce may become much more complicated when your marriage involves different jurisdictions.
Complications can include:
- Residency qualifications
- Taxation issues
- Ownership and documentation for foreign property
- Obtaining vital records for birth, death and marriage
- Navigating different laws and customs regarding custody, access and remarriage
Because of our extensive experience dealing with these issues, we have a large international clientele, particularly in the Japanese community.