If you are interested in applying for a family law protection order, you are not the only person in this position. As difficult as it may be to move forward, you realize one thing to be true: It is in your best interest.
Fortunately, once you answer all the right questions related to a family law protection order, you are in better position to move forward.
Here are the questions you should address:
- How will you obtain the necessary court forms?
- What type of information do the forms require?
- Will I work with a provincial court or supreme court?
- Am I required to tell my partner that I am applying for a family law protection order?
- Are you required to attend a court hearing in the future?
- What happens at the court hearing?
- What does the judge take into consideration when making a final decision?
- How is the order prepared and what does it mean?
As you can see, there are many questions to answer in regards to a family law protection order. For this reason, you need to learn as much as possible, as this will help you avoid mistakes and delays.
You are not required to consult with a Vancouver lawyer when filing for a family law protection order, but it would definitely work in your favor.
Our law firm knows that this can be a challenge, and that’s why we take great pride in helping people who need this legal protection. Once the process is complete, you’ll feel much better about what the future holds.